When it comes to choosing between a sliding gate or swinging gate there are a few factors that you need to consider.
At Aaurora Fencing on the Gold Coast we’ve come up with a few compelling arguments on what gate will be best for your situation, however if you do want some advice our friendly team are always on hand to help.
Sliding gates have many advantages, but it is important to take into accounts you needs and landscape when choosing the right gate for you.
- A sliding gate requires only a small amount of space as the gate opens along the side of the gate and not inwards or outwards.
- A sliding gate is a good solution for a steep slope as you don’t need to take into consideration the gradient of the hill as it won’t collide with the ground.
- Sliding gates have wheels, so you can enjoy a smooth entry to your property each time.
- Sliding gates seem to withstand windy weather conditions better than sliding gates.
damage than their swinging counterpart, this is a key factor to keep in mind when deciding which gate to install, as a gate that is not suited for the area can increase costs through damage to the property.
Swinging gates also come with their list of advantages, but again you need to take into consideration your own personal circumstances.
- Swinging gates tend to be quiet when they are opening than sliding gates, so great for late night entry into your home.
- Swinging gates open inwards or outwards, and it is imperative that the driveway is always clear of obstructions or it could block the gate’s pathway or damage your gate.
- Swinging gates are great at adding old-school charm to a property.
So, what is the best gate for you? That depends on your needs. Not sure what to do? Contact the team at Aaurora Fencing on the Gold Coast, we can help assist you with making the right decision for your needs.